TWO DAY UNIQUE AND CHALLENGING PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY.
This annual event is designed for US Armed Forces Veterans who have also served, are serving, or may be interested in serving as a member of the fire service.
The Veterans in the Fire Service Day will offer two training schedules for attendees: future firefighters and current firefighters. All Veterans (whether currently in the fire service or looking into a future with the fire service) will benefit from a day of hands-on, live fire training activities. Attendees will engage with an elite group of IFSI instructors who will introduce essential firefighting skills while participating in rigorous training rotations.
IFSI encourages attendees to network and share professional and personal experiences. The program allows ample time for discussing the parallels of the fire service and the US Armed Forces throughout the special event.
Loaner firefighting personal protective equipment and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) will be available to students. Advance reservations for gear are preferred.
Cost: No charge to attend.
What is included:
Training and elite live fire instruction.
Welcome Reception and Dinner on Saturday
Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday
Free hotel accommodations. See details and requirements below.
• Funded hotel accommodations for attendees for Saturday evening
• IFSI will pay for hotel room and hotel room taxes only.
• Attendees may reserve their room after registering for the event.
• One person per room is preferred.
• Rooms must be booked in the attendee’s name and a personal credit card is required to cover incidental expenses.
• Must mention Veterans in the Fire Service Event – IFSI to receive the accommodation.
• Hotel accommodations at the Best Western/Savoy (217-356-1824) only.
There are no prerequisites to taking this course
If you have specific questions about this course contact THOMAS SHUBERT
Click on the city name for more details and registration optionsNo upcoming classes.