ECSI CPR/AED/First Aid: In-Person
COVID-19 Update: As of July 2020, we have resumed offering this course with several modifications to maximize the safety of our students and instructors (see COVID-19 Safety Notice). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
The ECSI, CPR, AED, and First Aid Hybrid class is intended for those wanting to learn about basic life-saving skills and techniques to deal with acute emergencies. It covers CPR and AED, as well as First-Aid. First Aid topics include traumatic emergency (bleeding control, splinting, etc.), medical emergency (chest pain, seizure, etc.), or environmental emergency (heatstroke, hypothermia, etc.).
COVID-19 Safety Notice:
All students and instructors will be required to:
- Wear a face-covering upon arrival at IFSI
- Maintain 6 feet distancing
- Screen themselves for symptoms and temperature at the entrance to IFSI
- STAY HOME and RESCHEDULE if experiencing any potential symptoms** of COVID-19 or had known contact with a COVID-positive individual
** Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea
How will the course be modified?
- Each class will be capped at 6 students to ensure enough space to socially distance
- Each student will receive individual equipment and be offered a pair of disposable gloves if desired
- All equipment will be thoroughly decontaminated before and after each student
- No mouth-based ventilations will be practiced; rather, a Bag Valve Mask (BVM) will be used
- All procedures (with the exception of CPR) will be performed on oneself
Registration and Payment
Registration for the class must be done through the buttons below. The cost of the course is $25 per student.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an invoice from IFSI. This can be paid through your student account, calling IFSI to pay via credit card, or sending a check to the address listed on the invoice
If you should choose to cancel your CPR class, please e-mail IEMS at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. IEMS reserves the right to charge for the class if you do not notify us in writing at least 24 hours before the class begins. Please note that classes in which less than 4 students are enrolled 24 hours before the course will be rescheduled for a later date; as such, please do not sign up for a course the day before you need your certification.
Interested in arranging a class for a UIUC department, group, or organization? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here if you are a member of IEMS or IFSI
Click here if you are a U of I student/staff/faculty member
Click here if you are a unaffiliated with the U of I
Who can I contact for questions I have?