The Illinois Fire Service Institute Library (IFSI Library) provides fire/emergency library and information assistance and services to the Institute's instructional staff, students, Illinois fire departments and firefighters, and other fire/emergency-related users in the successful and effective performance of their jobs.
The Library selects, acquires, organizes, maintains, utilizes and disseminates
fire/emergency literature and media resources internally and externally, with the
objective of furnishing accurate, up-to-date, timely, complete and relevant information
assistance on the optimum usage of the facilities.
Features and Functions:
- Search and Request Materials
- IFLODD: The Illinois Firefighter Line of Duty Deaths Digital Image Collection Database
- Illinois Online Disaster Preparedness Pathfinder
- UIUC Library Online Journal and Article Locator (PowerPoint)
- Virtual Bookshelf
- Library Team and Contacts
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Special operating hours may be held during events.
Library staff are also available for questions by phone, fax, email, or USPS mail. Please see the Team Contacts Page for numbers or addresses.